Thursday, November 23, 2017

Some time in Tucson and Happy Holidays

We spent six days at the Agave Gulch Fam Camp at Davis Monthan Air Force Base in Tucson. We really like the base and have spent part of the last six winters there. The base has a large commissary and exchange. They have two great gyms. The Fam Camp is clean and well run and right next to the base's bone yard -- the largest airplane storage lot in the world. It's interesting to be right next to all those planes lines up with military precision, waiting to have their parts reused. We're also close to a mall, lots of restaurants, brew pubs, movie theaters, two national parks, a great art museum -- there is a lot to do in Tucson.

And of course, it's warm in the winter. Which means we don't have to shovel our ski run of a driveway back in Salt Lake City.

We enjoyed the 80 degree weather in Tucson, but most of our hours this trip were spent cleaning the rig and packing, as we stored the rig on the base and drove back to Salt Lake City for the holidays.

So as I write, I am siting in the kitchen of my sticks and bricks home in Salt Lake City.  (Actually the city of Holladay, Utah, but close enough.) With the exception of five days in July, I haven't been in SLC since last May, and I want to spend time with the kids and grand kids. When it turns cold (today is sunny and in the 60s) Jim wants to get the heck out and go back to Tucson.  

While we are figuring out logistics, I'm not sure how much I'll be posting. But on any given day, just figure I'm picking up the grand kids up from school, which is one of the things I want to do for a while.

I'll be back to writing at some point.  So check back every now and then. Happy Thanksgiving and have a wonderful rest of the holiday season!
The Salt Lake City grand kids. 
A buck that greeted us on our second day home.  I took this photo through our kitchen window as he stood in our front yard. When he wasn't staring at me and the dogs, he was eating crab apples. With him were a younger buck and a couple of does. 



No comments:

Post a Comment