Tuesday, March 10, 2015

We're having a heat wave

It seemed like Ohio was never going to warm up.  But it appears to be happening. 
Last week this was the view out my Mom's south facing window: Ice courtesy of Mother Nature plus crystal prisms courtesy of me and my niece Brooke.   That's a tree waiting for spring in the background.  
Until Sunday, the only bird we saw in Mom's yard was the mourning dove pictured in a previous post -- plus a big red hawk that eyed the mourning dove on occasion. When temps started to rise a bit, all sorts of birds appeared including this cardinal.
Monday I decided to visit one of Jim's and my favorite walking paths in Wellington: The Wellington Reservation, a 550 acre park not far from my Mom's.  It took me two hours to do two miles as I was snowshoeing in my sneakers. 
Today it's rainy, foggy and in the 40s. Ohioans are seeing bits of bare earth for the first time in what must seem like forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment