Sunday, September 15, 2013

Lollygagging, family and football in Tualatin/Tigard, Oregon

I think I’m momentarily tired of exploring.  Part of me wants to get my behind out of the rig and go wander Portland.  Some other part just wants to read my Lewis and Clark book.  Maybe reading what those guys (and Sacagawea) did is wearing me out.

Friday we lingered over breakfast, then saw a movie -- the first we’ve seen in ages.  It was “The Butler” starring Forest Whitaker and Oprah Winfrey. Very good.  Then we had dinner with Season, Lee and the kids at PF Changs. Very fun.

Yesterday I stayed in my my jammies until 3 p.m., reading Lewis and Clark while watching college football on TV.  I’m not much of a football fan, but I watch games when I have an investment (i.e., Ohio State) and often take a walk when the wrong team is losing. Jim will watch any team that's playing. While watching a team where he's invested (i.e. Oregon State) he wears appropriate clothing and pounds an orange and black foam bat on the couch to encourage the players.

Last night Oregon State (where Jim, Season and Lee went to school) played the University of Utah (where Ashley and Shad went to school, and the state school where I've lived for 40+ years).  We watched the game at Season and Lee's amid some texting between Oregon and Utah and mixed feelings for me.  But there was no doubt who the gang I was with was rooting for. They liked the outcome:  Oregon State wins in overtime 51-48.  And Ohio State beat PAC 12's Cal 52-34.

A very partial view of Roamers Rest RV Park in Tualatin, OR, where we're staying in our motor home.  It's a well-cared for RV park.
Friday we took a walk and found this "Little Free Library" on a neighborhood corner.
Lee, Owen and Season at the Bridgeport Village (a mall in the Tigard/Tualatin area) at the beginning of  a "1-2-3 swing."

Jim, Season, Connor, Owen and Lee with post-PF Changs gelato. 
This is the crew of fierce Oregon State fans I watched the Oregon State-University of Utah game with.
Meanwhile, back in SLC: congrats to Ash and Shad who completed a half marathon yesterday.

1 comment: