Friday, November 8, 2013

Hot in Yuma

I’ve been neglectful of my blogging duties.  I thought I’d post a few times while home in Salt Lake.  Didn’t happen.  After we got on the road I was tired, then sick.  I’m better now and it’s time to suck it up and get writing.

We spent three weeks at home and then got back on the road last Friday.  Originally we were going to leave October 31 right after the grandkids' Halloween parade at my daughter’s office complex. We planned to make a one-night stop in southern Utah and then spend a few days in Las Vegas.  But the parade was changed from Halloween morning to the afternoon, so skipped southern Utah and drove straight to Vegas on Friday. That's a 427-mile trip and the most mileage we've done in one day in the RV.  
From Las Vegas we went to Lake Havasu City, AZ, and today we left Lake Havasu for Yuma.  First thing I did in Yuma after we leveled the rig was to change into shorts  and a light weight shirt.  It’s hot. Feels good.

Yuma is pretty low-key, so I’ll have time try to do a few catch up posts about Vegas and Lake Havasu -- especially Lake Havasu, which was great.
Granddaughter Mia turned four while we were home.  Here she listens to the family's rendition of "Happy Birthday to You."  She's wearing her mermaid/princess gown, which she also wore for Halloween.  I asked Mia what she wanted to be when she grew up and she said something having to do with mermaids.
Grandson Marshall in his bat costume being held by his Mom (our daughter), Ashley, who dressed as Flo the Progressive Insurance lady. Shad (our SIL) went to work dressed as Larry Czonka.
The kid's Halloween parade wound through dozens of offices and I bet we walked at least half a mile.  It was slow going with Marshall, who stopped at every locker to do quality control.  Later Ash and I did some quality control of our own: we told Mia she probably wouldn't like the Reese's Cups and Almond Joys and that Grandma and Mom better eat them.  Mia probably won't fall for that next year.
And here are the tow car and rig parked in Yuma, AZ.  We're staying at the Yuma Proving Ground campground, where we spent some time last year. There are empty spaces here now, but this place will be full by New Years. And we'll most likely be somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment